Astronomy Workshop & Planetary Observation’2012
Date and Time : 5th February’2012, 5:30 pm Onwards
Venue : RR Roy Memorial Residential School, Silchar.
About The Event
It is indeed a great pleasure to inform the commencement of Astronomy Workshop & Planetary Observation 2012 on 5th February 2012 organized by WeThePeople-BarakValley in association with Physics department of physics, Assam University. The event will be held at RR Roy Memorial Residential School Capus from 5:30 pm onwards. Mexus Education Pvt Ltd, an Education Innovative Company under its brand name “Iken Scientifica associates with National Geographic” is the Title Sponsor of the event.
Dr. Himadri Sekhar Das, Prof. Dept. of Physics, Assam University will attend the workshop as the Chief Guest and will deliver a special lecture on Night Sky Observation for beginners. Followed by Question & Answer Session and Planetary Observation through Telescope.
Guest of Honour
Mr. Jahar Lal Rai, Deputy Inspector of Schools, Silchar along with Mr. Runu Roy, Managing Director, RR Roy Memorial Residential School, Silchar, and Ashok Kumar Dev President WeThePeople-BarakValley, Silchar will be the Guest of honor for the evening.
Prerna Bharti (A weekly Hindi News Paper) and Boraker Notun Diganto (A weekly Bengali News Paper) are the Media Partners of the event. Coca Cola, Spectral Fission, Sentinel Foundation, Cold Bar, and Login are the associated Partners of the event.
- Welcome Speech
- Felicitation of Guests and Lighting of the Lamp
- Speech By WeThePeople-BarakValley – Representative
- Speech by Guest of Honour, Mr. Jawahar Lal Rai, Deputy Inspector of Schhols Cachar
- Speech By Title Sponsor IKEN SCIENTIFICA – Representative
- Special Lecture By Dr. Himadri Sekhar Das on Night Sky Observation and Planetary Observation
- Question & Answer Session and Planetary Observation through Telescope
About the Organizers & Objective Of The Event
WeThePople-BarakValley is a societal establishment with one of its objective of Promoting & Popularization of Education in Barak Valley through various events, workshops, seminar etc to equip new generation in coping up with the competitive world. Keeping this vision in mind, the objective of organizing this event is to motivate and encourage students into Science, Mathematics and Astrophysics through practical experience.
Participation In The Event
This event is meant for school students from class 6th to 10th belonging from Private and Government schools. Since the event is organised under open sky and we have limited accommodation space, we are inviting limited no. of students (approx. 300) from Silchar town only. We are following strict procedure to participate in the event.
Additional Gate Passes
Since we have very less accommodation space, we are trying our level best to invite as many as schools we can to allow their students to participate in the event. However we are giving an opportunity to those school authorities whom we are unable to invite. We are distributing very limited Gate Passes (on first come first serve basis) for interested students to be collected by School Authorities only on 3rd February from 10 AM to 12 (Noon) from RR Roy Memorial Residential School, Silchar.
- There is no entry fee for participating in the astronomy workshop
- Participants should bring the gate pass provided to them. No one would be permitted to participate in the event who is not holding the gate pass
- Participants are advised to come half an hour earlier from the scheduled timings
- It is not necessary to wear school uniform. Participants are advised to wear warm cloths as the event will be conducted under open sky during evening
- Observation through telescope is subject to weather condition
- Participants are to enter and exit the venue/premises at their own cost and risk. Parents are advised to accompany their children. Only one parent can accompany each participants
For further information about the “Astronomy Workshop and Planetary Observation’2012”
Messages To WeThePeople-BarakValley
“I thank WeThePeople-BarakValley for planning to organize a night sky observation with telescope which is going to held on 5th February 2012. This science popularization program will definitely help the young students to explore the night sky well. I wish all the best to organizers”.
– Dr. Himadri Sekhar Das, Prof. Department of Physics, Assam University
“This Astronomy Event will definitely motivate more students to actively learn science by the way of learning by doing. Such events will definitely encourage young minds to proactively develop better understanding and hands-on experience towards learning science. Iken Scientifica feels privileged to be associated with WeThePeople-BarakValley”
– Mr. Apratim Bhattacharjee, Centre Head, Iken Scientifica, Silchar